Tips To Try AT Home With Your Child
- Read to your child daily or have them read to you.(15-20 minutes)
- Build word families -hat-cat-mat-rat. (h--at c--at r--at m--at)
word recognition through the use of flashcards. Put sight
words, spelling, and vocabulary words on flashcards and drill daily. See
links for a list of grade level sight words. (kidszone-dolch sight word list)
- The use of software/websites for practice(starfall.com). This website increases reading and phonics skills.
- Play fun games, such as, bingo, matching, and hangman using your sight words, vocabularly words, and spelling.
- Use ThinkCentral for extra practice